For people with access to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (PNSY), the Heritage Center is open on Thursdays from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. The Heritage Center is only available by appointment (use the contact form below) on other days of the week.
For people without access to PNSY, due to security restrictions, requests for history tours including the Peace Treaty Room, access by veterans associations, community groups, and others are considered strictly on a case-by-case basis. For more information on shipyard history tours, please email the Public Affairs Office:
There are also some groups that organize tours of PNSY, they can be reached at:
- OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) at Granite State College – https://olli.granite.edu/courses-events
- PortsmouthNH400 – https://www.portsmouthnh400.org/calendar
Here is some basic information and requirements regarding visits.
- No less than one week prior to the visit, please provide a list of all tour attendees. The list must include the name, age, and address for each individual. We will not be able to accommodate last-minute changes to the list.
- We need confirmation of citizenship status.
- Foreign Nationals may be allowed to attend, but would need to supply additional information not less than two weeks prior to the visit.
- Visitors must not have been convicted of a crime within a certain timeframe (no felony convictions within 10 years; no misdemeanor convictions within 5 years; sex offenders will not be admitted)
- On the day of the visit all guests must provide a valid, government-issued ID.
If you have any other, non-tour related, questions for the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Historical Foundation, please fill out the contact form below: